If you’ve got time and love giving back – then we have a job for you…
If you’d like to meet new friends, have fun and learn some new skills all while helping to operate Seymour Railway Heritage Centre – there is always something happening – and always the need for an extra pair of hands to help out.
We rely almost entirely on volunteers and are always looking for new team members for the variety of different roles required to run our operations. Listed below are some of the rewarding positions we need to fill.
Whether you have an interest in trains or not, we can most likely find something for you to help with! If you have particular skills, experience or interested by all means let us know. We look forward to having you on the team.
- Carriage cleaning
- Social media
- Accounting and book keeping
- General maintenance
- Carriage maintenance – unskilled
- Cabinet making
- Boiler making
- Trackwork and maintenance
- Locomotive maintenance
- Carriage maintenance – skilled
- Locomotive driver (shunting)
ABOARD THE TRAINS
- Senior Train Officer
- Train Officer (Passenger attendant)
- Bar attendant
- Kiosk attendant
READY TO SIGN UP?
Get in contact with us by completing the form below, and we will be in touch!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- All volunteers must be over the age of 18.
- To become a Senior Train Officer you must either gain experience by working aboard our trains, have previous experience working aboard trains and have obtained safe-working qualifications.
- To work aboard our trains you must have a working with children certificate. This can be obtained through Services Victoria.
- To work in our bars you must have a RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate. Information on how and where to obtain this is linked below:
We look forward to you joining us!